Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Happiest Birthday on Earth

Our little E turned 5.  I can't believe it.  What a beautiful young lady she's becoming.  We decided for her birthday, we wanted to do a surprise trip to Disneyland.  Big B and I were SO excited.  

We got her all ready for school and had her open a book about Disneyland.  She was very surprised.  I wish I could upload the video, but alas, it's too big, and I'm technologically challenged.  We hopped in the car, drove the 7 hours to Anaheim, checked in, and went straight to the park.


We got there just in time to see the Small World lights turn on.  It was amazing.  The way they do up Disneyland for Christmas is stunning.  


The next morning I took the kids over to Disneyland while Big B ran over to California Adventure to get in line and get fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers, the hot new ride in Cars Land.  We had heard that if you don't get there right when it opens, you end up waiting in line for hours.  


All ready for Dumbo!




We met B over in Cars Land where E and I enjoyed Mater's something or other.  It was fun.



Then off to the Disney Junior show.  Both kids LOVED this one.


Someone's getting sleepy.  Not sure which one.

While I was on Radiator Springs Racers, Big B caved and bought E cotton candy.  Which, I must say, was totally worth the money just for these.  Probably my favorite set of pictures from the trip.  






Night was so gorgeous with all the Christmas lights.  Every night, Sleeping Beauty's Castle would start to sparkle and all these icicle lights would come on.  Music and some narration would play, and then it would SNOW!!!   It was so beautiful.  We watched it every night.  And I cried.  Ever time.  


Waiting for the snow.



The castle before.

The snow starting to fall.


I LOVE her face in this.  Such a magical-Disney face.

The castle after.  Gorgeous!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment