Thursday, January 31, 2013

Second Star to the Right and Straight On 'Til Morning

When E told me she wanted a Peter Pan party for her 5th birthday, I just about choked on my sandwich (okay, I actually wasn't eating anything, but if I had been...).  You see, I had a Peter Pan party for my 5th birthday.  WHO HAS a Peter Pan party?  We do.  'Cause we're awesome.  Love for all things imaginary and Neverlandish must be hereditary.  

So, amidst the Christmas craziness that is December, we threw the most awesome Peter Pan party ever (no offense Mom.  Mine was awesome too.).  

The plank and the Jolly Roger, complete with Captain Hook's coat (and er, pirate Christmas decorations).  Someday, I will learn to take a straight picture...

Green cupcakes and Peter Pan hats for the kiddos.

The hat and bear were a last minute addition of brilliance.  And check out the Peter Pan figurines.  E found those at Disneyland.

We transformed our kitchen table and chairs into the Lost Boys' Hideout.


The Lost Boys (more like Girls and Boy) arrive.  We had all the kids wear their PJs, just like Wendy, John, and Michael.  Also because the party was in the morning... There's E dressed as Wendy.  Perfect opportunity to reuse all those Halloween costumes I spent so long making.  

The kids all had their "shadows" traced when they got there and got to color them.



War paint!



Love this picture!!!!


Enjoying green pancakes


We had to venture outside and do a little "Following the Leader."

I obviously wasn't thinking about the dangers of "hat sharing."  Luckily, no little critters surfaced from this party. 







Taking a leap off the plank!










Treasure hunt to find the goodie bags.










Happy Birthday!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. These are great. What a supermom you are. I especially love the pictures of the kids in the "Lost Boys" fort and the pictures of Ben in his Captain Hook costume. What a great husband you have.

    ReplyDelete