Sunday, January 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I've been thinking about all the things I am especially grateful for this year.  Of course, God and His son, Jesus Christ, top the list.  Also my amazing husband, B.  I could do nothing without him.  he is so amazing.  And my incredible little girls, E and Little B.  Seriously.  Could I ask for more awesome kids?  I don't think so.  They are kind, fun, smart, and compassionate.  I lucked out.  I am also SO grateful this year for singing, and for the amazing choir I have a privilege to be a part of.  I sing in a choir of about 50 people, and it is the most incredible experience to perform and share with those wonderful people.  I am so blessed.

For Thanksgiving we packed up the kiddos and the car and drove the 5 hours to my aunt's cabin to enjoy some turkey and good company.  Ever since I was a baby, we've been going to the cabin for Thanksgiving.  My grandparents and my dad and his siblings built it when he was a teenager, and it's a very, very special place.  This year, we had almost 40 people!  It was awesome!  We even had to rent the cabin next door to prevent the fire marshall and his buddies from descending en masse.  

Getting a little stretch during the long drive. Little B is just learning to walk.  Doesn't quite have it yet without sister's assistance.  


Hanging out at the cabin.

A rousing game of Thanksgiving-day Duck, Duck, Goose!  Who needs football anyway....

Sadly, I got zero pictures of the actual meal and the record-setting crowd in attendance.  But it was awesome.  

The day after Thanksgiving we always venture into the forest to cut down our very own Christmas tree. They're sparse, but they're authentic.  And we love them.

Little B's first venture into the snow!


Big B just had to take a picture of my mom taking a picture of him.  He likes stuff like that.




Rice crispy trees make the world a better place.

E with my awesome sister.

B looking hot in his puffy coat.  Hot on both the temperature and attractiveness scales.

Ready to cut down our tree.


Isn't it lovely?

Sis and hubby

Back at the cabin, warm and dry.  I love this place.  SO many amazing memories.

Love my brother with the turkey hat.  Awesome.



Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  


1 comment: