Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

We love Memorial Day.  

Yes, it's awesome to be together as a family, but it's such a great opportunity to remember those who have given their lives for our country and our freedom. 
We have a family tradition of heading over to the cemetery to pay our respects to those buried there who served our country.  This year, E was old enough to understand, and we had some very tender discussions about life and freedom and sacrifice.


After visiting the cemetery, we took a drive to a local regional park.  This view was amazing!

Cutest girls ever.

This was little B's first experience with a carrot.




My gorgeous girl.



I remember going on this carousel as a kid.  E wasn't so sure to start with.
And it didn't get much better!  Her face cracks me up.


So relieved to have it over!

And of course we had to take a ride on the steam train.




Big B caught this lovely shot of me, but Little B's face is so adorable, I just had to include it.  Ignore me.  Please.


Awesome day.

3 comments:

  1. So, so cute! You guys are such an adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are such dolls, and you look gorgeous as ever! It looks like you had a really fun day.

    Kathryn @ Clean Teen Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love Tilden! My boys just love the steam train. It's been awhile since we've had the chance to go... (I was pregnant with Benjamin who is now 2!) You've made me determined to go again soon. Your girls are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete